Followers

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Introduction to "Paganism in America."

I have often wanted a blog but could never think of what to write.  Have had general blogs, homesteading, and book review blogs and always delete them.  Then, one day I was writing to my brother, in his letter he had mentioned the Goddess Trivia.  I told him many terms or names we use today are from the names od ancient deities, and started to list some.  I mentioned how I always wanted to do an article or book on "Paganism in America" and then it hit me to do a blog!  A blog will be an ongoing thing, unlike a book which eventually ends and is published, and I have so much info I can already post. 

A lot of the first few blogs will be backtracking to incidents that have happened that convince me that Paganism is alive and well and intertwined so much in our society that it is inseperable.  And, I am not talking about groups and organizations that keep Paganism alive, although they are an integral part of it, but rather the little nuances in everyday life that people forget are Pagan such as the days of the week and the months being named for ancient deities, or the Statue of Liberty and Lady Justice are derived from pagan deities, Math, Nike (shoes) and Venus (razors) are names of deities.  Then, there are the random things like buying Tarot cards at Dollar Tree or an herb kit called The Witches' Garden at Big Lots.

Paganism truly is everywhere is a person knows how to look...we only have to open our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment