Followers

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tarot Cards at Dollar Tree




Decided to start this blog with a post about the Tarot cards we found at "Dollar Tree" stores.  A friend in my facebook group called "South Carolina Pagans" posted a picture of the cards and mentioned he found them in a Dollar Tree in upstateSouth Carolina.  I posted in a local group and emailed all of my pagan friends in my hometown.  Fortunately one of my friends has a son who works at Dollar Tree. :-)  She called him up and he reserved 15 decks for us, of which she woulnd't take a dime of payment.  She distributed them to all of us who asked for a deck.

Maybe a week or so later I went to the Dollar Tree to see if there were more and there was only 1 left on the shelf.  It was lonely, I had to buy it.  I also took the pictures as proof.  So, even though I have 3 decks already (one for me and each of my girls) I have one still in the package...who knows, maybe it will be a rare collectible.

I have looked since then and never found another deck so I guess they didn't order more, depsite the fact that they sold out quickly.

The deck is a complete set of 78 cards...it was in the children's toy section and sold with the magic cards and tricks.  It said something like "amaze your friends and tell them their future!"  Sounds a bit P.T. Barnum circus ring leader-ish, but at least Dollar Tree was cool enough to sell Tarot cards.  And here in the "Bible Belt" south that is amazing in and of itself!

The deck is nice and it comes with a simple layout sheet but no descriptions of what the cards mean other than on the Major Arcana where it states a meaning for PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE.  It also has white cards that have numbers and then PAST, PRESENT, and so on written in the center of each card.  I am assuming that those cards are laid down in their ocrrect pattern or order and then the Tarot cards are placed on top.  The Minor Arcana have no scenes but only pictures of the suits, such as 5 wands or 6 coins...so hard to read unless you know Tarot well.

I will post pictures of the cards later, for now all I have on my phone camera is of the deck in the store.
   



Tarot Cards sold in the children's
section at Dollar Tree
(can see the Dollar Tree logo)


Close up of the cards.


2 comments:

  1. Ashima, one of the 5 greatest psychics in the world. She received a gift from the heavens when she was just a small child. Her aim is : to put her powers at the disposal of those with real difficulties and who call upon them to find harmony, love and happiness.

    Change your Destiny for a much richer life. By grabbing the chance a lifetime, you could finally make your wildest dreams come true. Revelations await you to satisfy all your desires.

    Fight the decrease in purchasing power; find a solution to your most serious problems and to all the daily worries that are ruining your life. Escape the negative vibrations that are stopping you living the wonderful life you deserve. Your free reading will set you on the right path: => Change your Destiny for a much richer life

    With my most warm friendship,

    Ashima

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also own this deck as my first. I had to do some "editing" and fix the cards that were missing with the instruction cards but I actually found it to be just as accurate as my actual tarot decks. It's kind of spooky with the art style and it is pretty iconic now. I love the "Dollar Tree" tarot deck I have and use it quite a bit for what it is. <3

    ReplyDelete